Price: $ 27.95 (retail). Discout through AmazonThe comprehensive encyclopedia on "last words," "dying words" or "famous last words". The conclusion of a dozen years study and tens of thousands of sources.
- Unprecedented scope--final utterances of noted people over thousands of years and the entire globe.
- Each presented with a relevant biography
- Each meticulously documented, citing best sources
- Connection or relation of cited sources presented.
- Conflicting variations of reported "last words" for many entries presented for further research.
- Detailed annotated bibliography. Well indexed.
Bestselling author John Green "geeks out" over Last Words of Notable People
"... John goes completely nuts over the publication of the brilliant reference source LAST WORDS OF NOTABLE PEOPLE, which includes the last words of everyone from William Faulkner to Robert Frost to Benjamin Franklin... (And no, they did not pay me to make this video. I just GEEK OUT OVER THE LAST WORDS OF FAMOUS PEOPLE, as you already know if you've read Looking for Alaska." - John Green
Featured inReader's Digest Recommends (11/12/2012) weekly feature of: "three fresh titles that are definitely worth your time."
Last Words of Notable People Featured in The Atlantic .
"Last words are often disputed. The sources for all of these are in Bill Brahms's excellent volume , and are generally taken from autobiographies or first-hand accounts in published interviews -- I didn't include any that fall into the "doubtful" category that Bill sometimes encountered. If you're curious about a specific source, check out Bill's book."